The government of Andhra Pradesh provides a huge number of scholarships for the benefit of the state’s needy and deserving students. Jnanbhumi is a crucial platform that allows every qualified student in the state to benefit from these initiatives. Jnanabhumi Scholarships provide financial help to deserving students so that they can continue their studies and flourish academically. In this post, you’ll learn about all of the AP scholarships available through the Jnanabhumi Scholarship site. For more scholarship schemes, students can check the Scholarship schemes on PFMS. While browsing the portal, you will find information on Jnanabhumi scholarship kinds, eligibility, required documentation, the application procedure, renewal, and status, among other things.
Features & Objectives of Jnanabhumi Scholarship
- A single gateway for the distribution of numerous scholarships to students from various communities.
- To ensure that all residents of the state have equitable access to education.
- Ensure that scholarship benefits are distributed to recipients on a timely basis.
- Increased transparency and accountability in the payout process.
- To serve as the state’s epicentre for education and welfare, as well as all aspects of the student lifecycle.
There are two main scholarships that are also available in other states. These two scholarships are also available through the Jnanabhumi Portal in Andhra Pradesh. These Scholarships include-
Pre-Matric Scholarship – The government offers a Pre-Matric scholarship to pupils from the SC/ST/Disabled categories who are in grades V-X. Under this programme, the government provides financial assistance to the parents of these youngsters in order to reduce dropout rates and increase their involvement in school.
Post Matric Scholarship – A post-matric scholarship is another option. As the name implies, it is given to students who have completed high school and are enrolled in higher secondary school in order to pursue higher education in the state. – Jagananna Vasathi Deevena- Under this programme, students pursuing ITI, Polytechnic, and other Degree programmes would get a sum of Rs.10000/-, Rs.15000/-, and Rs.20000/-, respectively. The reward will be deposited into the bank account of the benefiting student’s mother. It will be handed to the student’s guardian if the mother passes away.
Jnanabhumi Scholarship Eligibility
Eligibility is an important issue to consider when applying for any plan or scholarship. Jnanabhumi Scholarship applications are only open to qualifying students. Both Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships have different eligibility requirements.
- Students from the SC/ST/Disabled/BC categories are welcome to apply.
- The family’s annual income should not exceed 2 lakhs rupees.
- SC/ST and disabled children can only apply for 5th to 10th grade.
- Only kids from the backward classes are eligible for 9th and 10th grades.
- All students enrolled in an ITI, Polytechnic, Degree, or higher degree at a recognized government/government-aided or private college.
- All-day scholars, students enrolled in DAH (Dept. Attached Hostels) and CAH (College Attached Hostels), and students enrolled in DAH (Dept. Attached Hostels) are eligible to apply.
- Students must have a cumulative attendance rate of 75%.
- A family’s annual income should be less than 2.5 lakhs.
- A total landing holding of more than 10 acres should be owned by the beneficiary’s family.
- No member of the student’s family should be a taxpayer.
- A four-wheeler, excluding an auto/tractor/taxi, should not be owned by any member of the recipient family.
- Jnanabhumi’s official website may be found here.
- Select “Post-Matric Scholarship” from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the “How to Apply” section.
- By clicking the appropriate link, you may download the application form. The application form can also be obtained from the relevant school or college.
- Complete the application form completely and send it to the college’s principal.
- The principal will verify the application form before it is submitted through the Jnanabhumi portal.
- A confirmation message will be provided to the student after successful submission.
- Students must now go to the MeeSeva portal. They must open the application form using the application id and Aadhaar.